Greenpeace believes that you have a fundamental right to privacy on the Internet and we work to protect your security on the Internet.
Responsible for processing personal data on “EuropeanChangemakers.org” is the
Greenpeace Nordic (hereafter GPN)
Tel: + 45 (0)33 93 5344
GPN also provides the “EuropeanChangemakers.org” domain.
Personal Data Representative
John Dinamarca, Data Protection Officer
Tel: +46 (0)72 537 1036
Whose data are we collecting?
The website “EuropeanChangemakers.org” will have two types of users:
- Visitors – “EuropeanChangemakers.org” provides various toolkits, examples and stories for grassroots groups and movements. Here “visitors” may interact with our pages and various services such as download a toolkit without providing any personal contact information. Read “information you provide us with” and “use of service” sections under the Information we collect about you heading and the What are Cookies? heading.
- Members – “EuropeanChangemakers” provides a service for “members” to join the European Changemakers email list, sign up for various online and offline events and participate in conversations. To do so, “members” have to provide us their personal information to receive regular updates about the community, and/or specific information about their registrations for an upcoming event – referred to as “service”.
Information we collect about you.
Content in GPN’s “EuropeanChangemakers.org” data file with personal data may include the following types of data:
- Information You Provide Us With
When you fill a form on “EuropeanChangemakers.org” website, the registration form asks for the following mandatory information: email address and name. This mandatory information helps us contact you about the service you have registered for. There may be additional specific mandatory fields and optional fields relevant to the service.Additionally, for both “members” and “visitors”, your browser provides GPN with anonymized location information through the use of the Google Analytics tool.
- Use of the Service
- Your transactions with us
GPN saves registrations of your inquiries and agreements with GPN, the content you provided us with, services provided to you, as well as your communication and interaction with us.
- Common sources of information
For “members”, most of the information collected from you is collected at the beginning and during the membership when you use the “EuropeanChangemakers.org” website.
For how long do we store your data?
“Members”: The length of your data stored in our system depends on the service you register for. We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the uses outlined above, unless we are required to keep your personal data longer to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements. We will not contact you other than about the service you signed up for except when you actively consent to other communications like our regular newsletter. We will retain your contact information for a period of 24 months from your last interaction with us.
“Visitors”: Tracking data is anonymised and will be stored in logs. This data does not cause any threat to your data security as it is anonymous.
On what legal basis do we process your personal data?
By using the “EuropeanChangemakers.org” website, we assume legitimate interest as the legal ground on which we process your personal data. For “members”, this will allow us to process data and communicate with you about any information relating to or any changes to the service.
“Visitor” data will be anonymised.
For what purposes are we processing your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes (one or more purposes may apply at the same time):
- To provide, operate and develop services
GPN will use your (“members”) personal information to provide you regular updates and information about services you have registered for on the “EuropeanChangemakers.org” website as well as opportunities available, to implement the agreement between you and GPN.
GPN will use your (“visitors”) anonymised information to create reports for the use of the platform.
- For communication with “members”
GPN will use your personal information to communicate with you to, for example, inform you about upcoming events, trainings, courses etc., details about any events you might be registered for, content related to the topics of interest and to inform you if our services have changed.
Is information about you regularly shared with others?
No. GPN will not sell, transfer or otherwise share your personal information with third parties unless otherwise stated below.
For managing “member”’s data and sending our email communications, GPN uses the services of Action Network.
Your full name and email address is available to administrators only and in case of an event registration, to the event support team.
“EuropeanChangemakers.org” shows social networking buttons for sharing from Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp on various pages to make it easy for users to share pages and resources on “EuropeanChangemakers.org” with others in their network. These social network sharing buttons are linked to web servers that can track your behavior on our platform.You can install browser add-ons such as “Disconnect” for Chrome and Firefox to prevent this.
GPN also automatically collects information about website visitors to help us manage and improve our site. We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze this data. You can install “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” to prevent information about your visits to our site from being sent to Google Analytics.
Is your information transmitted to countries outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)?
The “EuropeanChangemakers.org” platform does not intend to transfer your information to countries outside of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA).
If the situation arises that we have to transfer data outside the EEA we will ensure that the transfer is made to a country that is protected by a European Commission decision or otherwise made under conditions where we have appropriate on-site security guards to protect your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act, such as entering into standard agreements approved by the EU.
Principles for securing the information
Only specially appointed employees and volunteers within GPN and organizations working on behalf of GPN are entitled to use the file manager for personal data. Different access levels have been created based on the information a person needs in their role within “EuropeanChangemakers.org”.
All GPN employees and our subcontractors are obliged to keep confidential information about personal data obtained through the work.
Your rights under the GDPR
You have special rights under the Data Protection Act which can be exercised by contacting us at: Njalsgade 21G, 2300 Copenhagen, or by calling us on +45 (0)33 93 5344 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- the right to access the personal data that has been collected about you by making a request for registration access in accordance with data protection laws. We may charge a reasonable sum when a request is considered unfounded or unreasonable;
- the right to have your personal data corrected if they are incorrect or incomplete;
- the right to have your personal data deleted under special circumstances in accordance with data protection laws;
- the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data in special circumstances in accordance with data protection laws;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing or other purposes that are of legitimate interest to us;
- the right to ask us not to make automated decision-making; and
- where you have given your consent, to request that you withdraw your consent at any time
If you are dissatisfied with how we process your personal information, you can write to us using the contact details above, and/or notify:
Datatilsynet, Carl Jacobsen Vej 35, 2500 Valby, by calling 3319 3200 or by emailing email@example.com
Changes to the Privacy Statement
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer (or your mobile phone) from web pages that you visit. Cookies contain information that allows web pages to remember if you have used the website before.
All browsers let you check which cookies you accept and which ones you want to delete. You will usually find these settings under “presets” or “tools” in your browser. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.